Silicon Valley JETS is a community based club and open to all interested parties.
You can join if you are 18 or older and are willing to carry out the Toastmaster’s Promise.
How to become a Silicon Valley JETS member
- Visit our club meeting as a guest to observe
- Obtain an application form via this link or from our club officers
- Fill out the application form
- Write a check to cover the necessary fees after an approval vote by the club membership
- You become a member
No tests or qualifications are required, you just need to have a positive attitude!
- For All Members
- You need to pay following fees and dues.
- New Member Fee $20.00
- Semi-Annual Membership Dues $36.00
- SVJETS Club Fee $9.00
- Total for new members: $65 (items 1 + 2 + 3)
- Total for existing members: $45 (items 2 + 3)
Below is a sample breakdown of fees depending on the month that you join:
Joined Month Oct/Apr Nov/May Dec/Jun Jan/Jul Feb/Aug Mar/Sep Total $56.55 $52.05 $47.55 $43.05 $38.55 $34.05
If you join in March or September, you’ll need to pay next 6 months dues too.
Please add $35 to $34.05.
If you are Reinstated, Transfer, or Dual and don’t need educational materials,
you won’t need to pay the New Member Fee.
If you are a Transfer, you won’t need to pay the TI Membership Dues, just the SVJETS Club Fee.
- For Regular Members
- The membership due shown above is for a duration of 6 months.
Dues are collected twice a year, in September (for October through March),
and in March (for April through September).
Fees and dues are subject to change, payable in advance, and not refundable.
Payment is accepted by check or money order in US dollars.
- New Member Kit.
If you are new to Toastmaters, “Communication and Leadership Program”, “Competent Leadersip Program”Effective Speech Evaluation”, “Gestures: Your Body Speaks”, and “Your Speaking Voice” manuals will be sent to your home address from Toastmasters International Headquarters.
- Right to participate meetings and activities.
You can paticipate meetings and other activites to develop your communication and leadership skills.
- Toastmasters Magazine.
Every month you will receive a copy of Toastmasters Magazine.
A Toastmaster’s Promise
- To attend all Club meetings regularly;
- To prepare all of my speeches to the best of my ability, basing them on projects in the
Communication and Leadership Program manual or the Advanced Communication and Leadership Program manuals;
- To prepare for and fulfill meeting assignments;
- To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive evaluations;
- To help the Club maintain the positive, friendly environment necessary for all members to learn and grow;
- To serve my Club as an officer when called upon to do so;
- To treat my fellow Club members and our guests with respect and courtesy;
- To bring guests to Club meetings so they can see the benefits Toastmasters membership offers;
- To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters educational and recognition programs;
- To maintain honest and highly ethical standards during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities